Overview: The SW20 gear stick surround is often removed incorrectly along with weakening from UV damage resulting in cracking, is stained from years of food/beverage spillages or is one of "them" interior panels which seems to get painted freshen up your interior with a new one.
Suitability: This gear stick surround will suit all year models and market variants of SW20.
Fitment: The gear stick surround is retained by 4 x clips, no special tools are needed
1) Depending on your gear knob (aftermarket or original) unscrew the thread anticlockwise until it is completely off.
2) There is no need to remove the shift boot at this stage instead starting at the front of the surround (side closest to the front window) using a taped up flat head screw driver or trim removal tool lever in the gap between the center console and surround panel first on the top left corner until you hear/see the trim clip lift up and separate then repeat for the front right
3) Repeat on the rear left and right corners do not lever the rear clips up too high as there is two retaining nodules which retain the surround in the center console
4) Your shift boot can now be easily removed for re-fitment by pushing in the clips on the underneath of the shift boot retainer towards the center of the surround one at a time.
5) Fitment is the reverse procedure with the exception of making sure the rear retaining nodules are under the console retaining panel itself before applying pressure to the rear and then front clips.
As with all Toyota parts if you would like to
maintain a 12 month warranty on the parts Toyota require genuine parts to be
fitted by an Authorised Toyota technician.
*Please note: photos are for illustrative purpose only the majority of the time they are of the exact version of the item you will receive.
Gear Stick Surround - Genuine Toyota - SW20 -NEW
- Brand: Toyota
- Product Code: 31016
- Availability: In Stock